The Best Western Sandwich in the East
• 2 large eggs (we use extra-large as well)
• ¼ cup 10% cream (don’t skip this; it defines the taste and texture)
• 1/3 cup loosely shredded cheddar cheese (don’t use processed cheese!)
• 1 or 2 mushrooms, thin sliced (the whiter the better)
• 2 Tablespoons chopped green onion or chives (white onions will work but should be pan fried before you start)
• 3 slices precooked bacon (optional; 90% of our westerns were meatless)
Put a teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan and thoroughly mix the first five ingredients in. Spatula mixing is usually enough, as long as the mixing is complete before cooking progresses too much. Get the bottom to brown a little before you flip it. A total of four flips is usually enough. If the mix is a little oily, press a paper towel against it with your spatula as it nears completion. Don’t forget to use quality bread for your toast. Garnish to taste with salt, pepper or mayo. We sometimes serve a slice of ham and tomatoes as well. Enjoy!