Our Best 2-Night Adventure Getaway: All Inclusive!
This is TWO tours in one package! See the Peninsula Coast from land AND water in one fantastic tour! Our skilled and knowledgable guides make it easy and fun, as they lead you deep into the heart of Ontario's West Coast, between Pike Bay and Oliphant. Here's what to expect:
- A two night stay in one of our , just steps from the wilderness. A wholesome, farm fresh breakfast will start everyone off on the right foot. You might notice that the eggs are very fresh... we raise chickens right here! Ask about our Blueberry Pancakes with local maple syrup--they're to die for!
- After breakfast, its time for a superb bicycling tour with Jim (that's him, at right), following one of the most on the Bruce. We weave among the quaint woodframe cottages of Pike Bay, and then along beautiful, winding Sunset Drive as it makes its way down to Howdenvale. There's lots of nature to take in along the way. We'll pass the St Jean Point Nature Preserve, a coastal meadow marsh with sedges, lobelia, and white cedar-dominated rocky shoreline. And we usually stop by Petrel Point Nature Preserve, with its excellent fen community and a nice boardwalk; see several native orchids, fringed gentians, sticky tofieldia, and many other fragile and endangered species. Towering pine trees greet the bicyclist as the tour winds its way southward, towards Red Bay.
- At Red Bay, we'll tour Earthbound Gardens, an amazing gem hidden in the wilderness near Red Bay. Here you'll find lush perennials, shrubs and trees. A Nursery and Gift Shop are yours to explore, too. Lilies are a specialty here, with hundreds of varieties on display, and for sale. After a Gardens walkabout, we'll settle into a lovely picnic lunch, including a free sample of Earthbound's Elderberry Wine. What a lovely treat!
- After lunch, we shuttle to Little Red Bay Marina, where Pete Stewart meets us for an unforgettable tour of the Fishing Islands. Lying close to the shoreline, these picturesque islands provide a sheltered route for small craft like Pete's Pontoon Boats. Along the way, don't be suprised to find shipwrecks, shoreline fens, and crystal clear waters, allowing the boater to peer into the depths. Some visitors have thought the vibrant colours to be reminiscent of Caribbean waters. Sandy Bay is a special treat for boat tourists. On fine days with a fresh westerly wind, you'll see why this area is becoming known as the kitesurfing capital of Canada. The boat tour will also include a jaunt up to Howdenvale, a lovely little community that we bike through in the morning. Truly, we'll see this town from both sides!
- After the boat tour, the rest of the day is at your leisure. In the evening, we provide home-made pizza, just the way you like it, to enjoy as dusk descends on Evergreen Forest B&B. Feel free to bring your own wine or beer to enjoy with your meal. Nights are magic in our clear-roof wilderness gazebo. If the skies are clear, we might roll out our ten-inch telescope for a wee tour of the heavens, so don't go to bed too early!
So join us for some serious coastal exploration. Let us take care of all the details of transportation, bike rentals, boat charters, etc. Forget about bike racks on the car, boat trailers, and expensive equipment rentals! Just bring yourself and your camera, and have a great time out there on your Coastal Tour of the beautiful Bruce! This 2-night package saves you money over individually purchasing each activity, and is fully guided. Prices range from just $209 to $219 per person, double occupancy, depending on your room choice. Extra in-room person $149. Group size: 2-4. Minimum age: 14. High winds may require us to substitute a Tower Hill hiking expedition for the Pontoon Boat tour. See you soon!
When you're ready to book, go to our Getaways Booking Page.