SLEIGHS AND SNOWSHOES GETAWAY
*Available December 2015*
*Available December 2015*
Snowshoe through a silent world of winter beauty, then bundle up together on a vintage horse-drawn sleigh! We welcome couples, and groups up to 10 people, for this relaxing getaway. Here's what to expect:
- A secluded, beautiful and quiet wilderness accommodation.
- Two night's stay in one of our gorgeous, private rooms.
- A wholesome, farm fresh breakfast will start everyone off on the right foot. You might notice that the eggs are very fresh... we raise our own chickens right here! Ask about our Blueberry Pancakes with local maple syrup--they're to die for!
- A Guided Snowshoe Hike, starting from the back door of your rooms (literally!) We'll venture deep into the wilderness, with outdoors expert Jim Collins as our Guide. We've got all the equipment; just bring warm clothing and boots. This is an interpretive tour, with emphasis on winter flora and fauna, and local history. We'll make like Tom Hanks in Cast Away and try to make a survival fire using a bow and drill.
- Our world-famous "Snowshoer's Delight" Lunch, enjoyed after a successful fire creation. You won't believe how good it tastes out in the wild!
- After a mid-day break, it's time for a late afternoon horse-drawn sleigh ride. There are sleighs available for as few as 2 or as many as 12 people. Bring your cameras; this is a beautiful woodland tour among hundreds of acres of forest! Only the swish of the sleigh runnners and merry bells on the horses disturb the deep, dusky silence of the forest. The gathering darkness of winter sunsets are unforgettable on the sleigh. After the ride, there's hot chololate and goodies available to warm you up!
- Foodies, rejoice! Caroline's Gourmet Meal in our Sunroom Cafe is next, where everyone is welcome to bring their own wine. Our fare often has a local emphasis.
- The evening is for socializing and relaxing. Don't forget our ever-present snack tray, always ready to comfort your sweet tooth. If skies are clear, we might take our 10-inch telescope out for a wee tour of the universe (see link below).
This all-inclusive SLEIGHS AND SNOWSHOES GETAWAY is now available from just $219 per person, double occupancy, plus taxes. Third person minimum 14 yrs add $177 each plus tax. While you're here, enjoy all that our resort has to offer:
- Huge, bright suites with private baths, satellite TV, wireless internet, and walk-out decks.
- Our large Lounge, with it's Cozy Woodstove, where you can socialize into the wee hours if you like.
- Join us for Telescope Nights, a nightly tour of the universe, using our 10-inch telescope.