Your Astronomy Tour Guide
Former science teacher Doug Murray has always been starstruck:
- As a teenager he built a telescope from scratch, including the mirror.
- Doug built a small observatory near London, Ontario for his 10-inch telescope.
- One reason Doug moved his family to the Bruce Peninsula was for the spectacular dark skies.
- Doug believes that opening doors of understanding of the natural world is the beginning of our inner journey as
Your Sleigh Tour Guide
Owner of Dual Acres Durk DeVries  is a natural with horses:
- He personally cut the 7km of beautiful trails on his 50-acre property.
- Durk has a gentle, soft approach to driving his team; the horses love their job!
- You'll enjoy the Durk's fascinating horse and local history stories along the way.
- Durk's passion is his involvement in fundraising efforts for local needy families.
Your Pontoon Boat Tour Guide
Former teacher Pete Stewart is a natural on water:
- His fleet of 3 pontoon boats is busy from May to October
- The Fishing Islands are his specialty; enjoy Pete's deep knowledge of the local history and geography of the area.
- Pete is a strong advocate for the preservation of Ontario's Lake Huron shoreline.
Your Bicycle Tour Guide
Local Phys-Ed teacher Jim Collins is passionate about the Bruce:
- With the local schools, he has participated in countless outdoor events, and explored the Bruce Peninsula from end to
- Jim's local knowledge is a great asset on the tours, as he explains the cultural, natural and historical perspectives of
- Jim is an accomplished long-distance bicyclist, and is delighted to help all those touring for the first time.
- Jim is a firm believer in the notion that the destination is not the objective; the journey, and the stops along the way, is
what it's all about!
Your Dogsledding Tour Guide
Mountain Lake resident Richard Bayly is canine at heart:
- Since 1997, Richard has been offering guided dogsledding adventures from his farm.
- He keeps about 30 sled dogs, all of them fully trained for guest tours.
- Richard's dogs are part of his family; they are treated with care and respect.
- His enthusiasm is contagious out on the trails; why not try a dogsledding tour this winter?