MAPLE SYRUP GETAWAY
Take the Maple Syrup Getaway, in March and April only! This Peninsula Tour has it all: hiking, outdoor cooking, horse-drawn wagon rides, and Springtime's sweetest gift! Experience the rebirth of things lost under the snow, as the sun climbs higher in the sky. And best of all, we're going to make pancakes over an open fire in the wilderness! Here's what to expect:
- Two night's stay in one of our gorgeous, private rooms, just steps from the wilderness; take a photo tour and check them out.
- Your first morning with us sets the tone. After just coffee and a snack, we'll trek deep into the wilderness, where we'll try to make a fire with just a bow and drill. This is primordial, earthy stuff: your body itself creates the friction of fire, a la Tom Hanks in Cast Away. Then we'll cook a pancake and maple syrup breakfast over an open fire. You have NOT lived until you've experienced a campfire's aura, and tasted and smelled how delicious this simple, bush- prepared food is. Rediscover the lifestyle of your ancestors, at least for a few hours!
- After a mid-day break, it's time for an afternoon Sugar Bush tour, at Chimney Ridge Buckets and Blooms. Just a few minutes from us, Chris and Nellie From operate a wonderful small-scale syrup operation, and are delighted to give visitors a personal tour. Fresh, healthy maple syrup is available, too.
- Just a few miles down the road, we'll schedule you for a late afternoon horse-drawn wagon ride, with room for small or large groups to sit comfortably. The trails will take you deep into a hardwood bush; don't forget to bring your camera, because these are beautiful, tranquil trails, full of the growing life that Spring provides. After the ride, there's hot chololate and goodies available to warm you up!
- Don't snack too much, because your evening meal is waiting when you get back to Evergreen Forest. It will be a sumptuous feast, where you're welcome to bring your own wine. Our fare often has a local emphasis. Here's a peek at one of our entrees.
- The evening is for socializing and relaxing. As usual, we'll have a delicious snack tray available for you. If skies are clear, we might take our 10- inch telescope out for a wee tour of the universe.
This all-inclusive MAPLE SYRUP GETAWAY is now available for just $379 to $399 per couple, with double occupancy, plus taxes. Third person minimum 14 yrs add $180 each plus tax. While you're here, enjoy all that our resort has to offer:
- Huge, bright suites with private baths, satellite TV, wireless internet, and walk-out decks.
- Our large Lounge, with it's Cozy Woodstove, where you can socialize into the wee hours if you like.
- Our extensive trail system, available anytime for hiking.
When you're ready to book, go to our Getaways Booking Page.